Kids enjoy making slime and experimenting with it. Your kid will have a blast playing with it because it’s cool and messy at the same time. A lot of people use simple household ingredients to make slime. However, can you use play-doh to make slime?
Play-doh is a pretty great ingredient for slime. You can use a variety of recipes to make slime with play-doh. You simply add a few ingredients to your play-doh and knead it to the soft, moist, and stretchy slime that you need. You will receive a play-doh slime that your child will enjoy.
In this article, I will talk about several recipes for making slime from play-doh. The ingredients that I will list are easy to find. In addition, most of the ingredients are everyday household items.
How to Make Slime with Play-doh and Lotion.
Making slime with play-doh and lotion is pretty fun and straightforward. I will discuss two simple recipes of how you can make slime with play-doh and lotion.
This method is straightforward and quick.
- Play-Doh (Use your preferred color)
- Spread play-doh on some wax paper.
- Put some lotion on the play-doh. Lotion rehydrates the lotion making it soft and stretchy.
- Use your hands to knead the play-doh with the lotion.
- Continue kneading until you achieve the desired consistency. Then, you can increase either the amount of lotion or play-doh to get the preferred softness.
This method of making slime with play-doh and lotion requires a bit more ingredients than the first method. However, the recipe is easy enough, so no experience is necessary.
- Elmer’s Glue – 1 4-oz bottle
- Baby Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Baby Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Hand Lotion – 1 tablespoon
- Liquid Starch
- Shaving Cream
- Mix the hand lotion, baby powder, Glue, and baby oil in a glass bowl. Mix them until they form a single consistent material.
- Add an equal amount of shaving cream to the mixture. The ratio should be 1:1, i.e., one ratio of the ingredients in the bowl to one ratio of shaving cream. Mix the shaving cream and the ingredients using a fork until they form one consistent material.
- Add one teaspoon of liquid starch and mix. Continue adding a teaspoon of the liquid starch and mixing until the slime starts to stick to itself instead of sticking to the bowl. Once it stops sticking to the bowl, then you have the right consistency.
- Add play-doh, ping pong ball size, to the mixture. Then use your hand to knead the play-doh into the slime. Play-doh makes the slime sticky. Knead until you don’t have lumps of play-doh.
- When all the play-doh lumps are done, add liquid starch, a little at a time, until you get the right consistency.
- Once the slime reaches the right consistency, the slime is ready to play with. If you need to store the slime, use an airtight container.
How to Make Playdough Slime with One Ingredient
Is it really possible to make playdough slime with a single ingredient? I will give you two simple recipes that you can use to make a single ingredient slime.
- Squirt toothpaste, such as Aquafresh, into a bowl and stir.
- Place the paste into a microwave for between 5 and 10 seconds.
- It will become pasty but hot. Allow it to cool but still warm.
- Knead the paste.
- Pump a soft brand soap into a bowl.
- Keep it in a freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Take it out and play with it. However, the slime will only last for a short time.
How to Make Playdough Slime with Only 2 Ingredients
Two-ingredient playdough slime is popular. I will discuss a few recipes you can use to make slime using two ingredients.
I think this is the easiest method of making slime. All you do is knead a mixture of water and flour in a bowl till you get the right consistency. However, you can add food coloring to have a color of your choice.
- Put two teaspoons of yogurt into a bowl. Use yogurt with no fruit.
- Add three teaspoons of cornstarch and mix.
- Add cornstarch until the mixture is thick enough to knead with your hands.
- Pour any type of soda into a bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of Metamucil and mix.
- Place the mixture in a microwave for 30 seconds cycles, mixing after each cycle. Ensure it does not get hot.
- Let it cool for ten seconds.
- Shaving cream
- Use a shampoo with body wash for this.
- Mix the shampoo and body wash combo with shaving cream.
- Freeze the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Mix one tablespoon of shampoo and two-and-a-half tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Knead the mixture. Be careful as this method can become messy.
- Add a shampoo and knead until you get the right slime consistency.
How to make slime with Play Doh and Shaving Creme
Another easy way to make a slime with only two ingredients is to use play doh and shaving cream.
- Place your playdoh in a bowl and spray it with shaving crème.
- Start kneading with your hands until you have soft silky texture.
How to Turn Playdough into Slime – No Glue
You can simply turn your playdough into slime without using Glue. Unlike play dough, slime is soft, moist, and stretchy. To turn playdough into slime, you will need to make it softer and more stretching.
You can use lotion instead of Glue to turn playdough into slime. All you have to do is add lotion and use your hand to knead. However, do not put too much lotion because the playdough will clump apart.
Making slime with play-doh is simple, fun, and quick. Your kids will enjoy experimenting with slime because it is soft and stretchy. You can use any of these methods to make slime at home using ordinary household items.